We are inviting Female Athletes 15+ to a FREE workshop to learn how to properly perform athletic movements and work on your mental edge!
Saturday, March 23
4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Dynamic Health & Performance
1155 North Service Road West, Unit #17, Oakville
Tara Clark, Registered Physiotherapist from Dynamic Health and Performance together with Chelsea Spencer, Certified Coach and Owner/Founder of Empower Athletics will be presenting a FREE "Movement & Mindfulness" 2-hour workshop focusing on rehabilitation, exercise, and mindfulness as it relates to young female athletes. They will provide young, female athletes the tools they need to keep their mind and body healthy while participating in the sport that they love.
Key points they will cover during the 1-hour rehab session, lead by Tara Clark, include:
- Proper technique points for common strengthening exercises such as squatting, lunging, and deadlift and how to correct your form to prevent injury
- Mobility work specific to athletes to increase flexibility in tight areas such as the calves, groin, and quads
- Come with your current concerns so that Tara can discuss 3 different injuries and how they can be addressed with rehabilitation and exercise
Key points they will cover during the 1-hour mindfulness session, lead by Chelsea Spencer, include:
- Begin with breathing work and intention setting. This helps athletes create a sense of “presence”
- How to properly set realistic and attainable goals (both short-term and long-term)
- What mental “burnout” looks like and how to practice self-care
- How to release doubt and worry from internal and external pressures
- Open forum: Question/Answer