Today's Fitness Friday features Phase Two of the Full Turkish Get Up.
About the Full Turkish Get Up
The Full Turkish Get Up is a total body exercise that targets core strength and mobility.
This complex movement builds shoulder muscles, and all round strength and conditioning.
- From the hips up position, the straight leg swings under the body into a kneeling position.
- Engage the core to raise up off the hand and come to a straight kneeling position.
- From the kneeling position keep the core engaged and squeeze the glutes to stand up fully off the ground.
- The arm with the weight should be up with knuckles facing the ceiling and shoulder set down away from the ears the entire time.
- Reverse the movement to return to the starting position.