This week's Workout Wednesday features the Dead Lift.
About Off Season Golf Training
Golfers! Winter is here & that means it’s time to train. Every Wednesday for the next few weeks, our Titleist Performance Institute Certified Chiropractor, Dr. Jeff Belgue, will demonstrate how to build a Winter Golf Strengthening Program to help improve your game next season! First up - the dead lift!
This exercise effectively develops and strengthens the posterior chain, glutes and hamstrings to help improve the ability to hit the ball farther. Mixing in single leg variations will allow you to build unilateral strength and improve balance.
How To Perform This MotionDead Lift
1. Focus on keeping your neck and back in neutral
2. Brace your core
3. Hinge at the hips
4. Squeeze glutes and return to start position
Single Leg Dead Lift
1. Ensure your neck and back are neutral
2. Through movement keep hips level
3. Hinge at hip and squeeze glutes
Plyometric Dead lift
1. To build power and explosiveness add a jump/hop to the end of your single leg dead lift
2. Aim to maintain balance and form through movement