We are inviting Female Athletes 14 and Under to a FREE workshop to learn how to properly perform athletic movements and work on your mental edge!
Saturday, February 9
4:00 - 6:00 p.m.
Dynamic Health & Performance
1155 North Service Road West, Unit #17, Oakville
Tara Clark, Registered Physiotherapist from Dynamic Health and Performance together with Chelsea Spencer, Certified Coach and Owner/Founder of Empower Athletics will be presenting a FREE "Movement & Mindfulness" 2-hour workshop focusing on rehabilitation, exercise, and mindfulness as it relates to young female athletes. They will provide young, female athletes the tools they need to keep their mind and body healthy while participating in the sport that they love.
Key points they will cover during the 1-hour rehab session, lead by Tara Clark, include:
- How to develop better habits for warming up and cooling down and how this relates to preventing injuries
- Mobility work specific to athletes to increase flexibility in tight areas such as the calves, groin, and quads
- Come with current concerns so Tara can discuss 3 different injuries and how they can be addressed with rehabilitation and exercise
Key points they will cover during the 1-hour mindfulness session, lead by Chelsea Spencer, include:
- Begin with breathing work and intention setting. This helps athletes create a sense of “presence”
- Identifying our “why” for being an athlete, and what factors may encourage/discourage athletes from competing
- Identify areas of growth, and aspects that participants love most about themselves Open forum: Question/Answer