Today's Fitness Friday features Calf Raises.
About Calf Raises
Calf Raises are an effective and challenging exercise targeting the lower body.
Calf Raises can be adapted to various levels of intensity to build strength in your calf and ankle muscles.
- Keep your upper body tall and your core squeezed in to stay balanced.
- As you raise up on your toes, make sure you come up right over top of your big toes and not letting your feet roll out to the side.
- To make this exercise easier, perform the calf raise on the floor so the heels come down to a flat surface.
- To challenge yourself, we are demonstrating the calf raise off a step letting your heels drop past neutral.
- To increase the intensity even further, complete the exercise on one foot.