Today's Fitness Friday features the Hamstring Stretch.
About the Hamstring Stretch
Hamstring stretches are an effective exercises to strengthen and stretch the hamstrings.
Tight hamstrings can reduce mobility of the pelvis, which can put pressure on the lower back. Hamstring stretches can strengthen and stretch the hamstrings to prevent them from becoming too tight and help provide support for the back and pelvis.
- Put one foot up on a slightly elevated surface.
- Keep the knee on the elevated surface bent and straighten the opposite knee.
- Push your hips back behind you as you reach forward towards your toes. You should feel the stretch in the back of the leg that is on the ground.
- Hold this position for 15 seconds.
- As you return to an upright position, squeeze your butt.
- Relax and repeat.
- Keep your back flat and complete the stretch on both sides..