Today's Fitness Friday features Airplanes.
Airplanes are an effective exercise to improve balance and the posterior chain.
In addition to improving balance, airplanes are also an effective exercise to strengthen the glutes and hamstrings.
- Lock in your core and while balancing on one foot with your knee slightly bent, hinge forward at the hips as you stretch the opposite foot towards the back wall behind you.
- Keep hinging at the hips until you feel a slight stretch down the back of the leg.
- As you return to a standing position, squeeze your glutes and drive your head towards the ceiling.
- Remember to keep the core engaged, back flat, and your foot flat on the floor.
- Repeat this exercise with the opposite leg.