We are inviting Female Athletes 10 years and older to a FREE workshop to learn how to properly perform athletic movements and work on your mental edge!
Thursday, January 23
7:00 - 8:00 p.m. (10-13 years of age)
8:00 - 9:00 p.m. (13 years of age and older)
Dynamic Health & Performance
1155 North Service Road West, Unit #17, Oakville
Dr. Kaitlyn Szabo, Chiropractor from Dynamic Health & Performance together with Chelsea Spencer, Certified Coach and Owner/Founder of Empower Athletics will be presenting a 60 minute workshop focusing on rehabilitation, exercise, and mindfulness as it relates to youth female athletes. They will provide young, female athletes the tools they need to keep their mind and body healthy while participating in the sport that they love.
Key points they will cover during the 30 minute rehabilitation session:
- Group warm up
- Discussion regarding different types of stretching
- Breathing and core activation exercises
- Mobility work to encourage flexibility and strength
Key points they will cover during the 30 minute mindfulness session:
- Body Image and how it relates to our athletic performance
- Social media and how to properly use it to support our personal development
- What it means to set effective goals